Monday, April 11, 2016

What Have You Done in God's Name?

Image from angusday.org

At that time the festival of the Dedication took place in Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the portico of Solomon.So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, ‘How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.’ Jesus answered, ‘I have told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name testify to me; but you do not believe, because you do not belong to my sheep. My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand. What my Father has given me is greater than all else, and no one can snatch it out of the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.’ (John 10:22-30)

Everything that Jesus did, He did in God's name.  Jesus wanted the world to know about God and God's love for us.  The purpose of the Messiah was to point the way to God, and Jesus, as the Messiah, did just that.  It made me wonder how much I do in my personal life points to God?  Not that I'm a messiah -far from it, but as a son of the Most High God, everything I do should point back to God.  What I am, what I have, who I have influenced, should all reflect that from God have come all these things.

Easter is a season to continue to reflect on God's awesome love for us.  This chapter of John points to Jesus as our shepherd and the revelations of Jesus should bless us:  We who are His sheep know His voice; we know Him, and He will never let anyone or anything snatch out of God's hand.  What better news to start the work week?

God is good.

All the time!

PRAYER:  Loving Father, thank You for Your love.  Help me reflect all things back to You so that others may come to know You.  In Jesus Christ's precious and powerful name I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde