Thursday, August 04, 2016

As the Sun Rises and Sets, God is Faithful!

Image by Eradio Valverde, Jr. of Corpus Christi Bay

The God of gods - it's God! - speaks out, shouts, "Earth!" welcomes the sun in the east, farewells the disappearing sun in the west. From the dazzle of Zion, God blazes into view. Our God makes his entrance, he's not shy in his coming. Starbursts of fireworks precede him. He summons heaven and earth as a jury, he's taking his people to court: "Round up my saints who swore on the Bible their loyalty to me." The whole cosmos attests to the fairness of this court, that here God is judge. (Psalm 50:1-6 The Message)

God is noisy!  And God makes a grand entrance!  And He does it every. day.  The photo above I took here in the Sparkling City by the Sea; it's noisy and it's grand.  And it's beautiful.  It is God shouting, as this version of the Bible says, "Earth!  Wake up and be ready for a new day!"  And in the same way, God is coming back through Jesus.  The shout and the message will be the same, "Earth!  Gather all the earth and come with me; It's Judgment Day."  Jesus painted a picture of what that would be like in Matthew 25:  Goats on one side, sheep on the other; going up?  or going down?

Friends, it is our choice.  We would love to blame God for any condemnation we might have, but indeed, it has been the result of our choices that will determine our eternity.  Why not choose life, and eternal at that?  Why not begin a relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior?  Why not grow our faith into one of love and service to all, as Jesus says is our duty; to feed the hungry, quench the thirst of the thirsty, clothe the naked, visit the sick and prisoner?

PRAYER:  Loving Lord, I again confess I am a sinner and ask forgiveness of my sins.  I invite You into my life as Lord and Savior and I pray that I might begin a faithful and fruitful relationship with You. Guide me and bless me; in Christ Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde

Prayer Update:  Davis' procedure went well; he, Mom, and Dad are doing fine, thanks be to God!