Thursday, December 13, 2018

God is My Salvation!

Image from knowing-Jesus.com

Surely God is my salvation;  I will trust, and will not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and my might; He has become my salvation.  With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say on that day: Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known His deeds among the nations; proclaim that His name is exalted. Sing praises to the Lord, for He has done gloriously; let this be known in all the earth. Shout aloud and sing for joy, O royal Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel. (Isaiah 12: 2-6)

May this be a glorious day in the Lord for you, dear Friend!  May time spent with our God bless us and strengthen us, and be involved in our preparations of this Advent season!

Many people believe God is silent.  And these are usually the ones who don't pick up and read a Bible; the ones who don't go to regular worship opportunities, or who don't make time to study God's word in a small group or Sunday School.  And the main reason people believe God is silent is because those of us who know God and who regularly hear His word don't say a thing!  If you and me are not talking about God in our home, God is silent.  If we don't share God's word in our home with our children and/or grandchildren, God is silent. And in that silence is missed the glorious news that God is our salvation.  And right with it, that we trust God and that God keeps us from being afraid.  Just this morning as Carli and I were starting our run, we usually walk a bit as our warmup and then we start running.  Both of us wear ear buds to hear music and I left my music on and as the time for our run was fast approaching, Michael Jackson's Thriller came on. She heard it and I said, "Well, I'm not going to run with that on!"  She laughed and said, "It sounds creepy!"  Indeed, a run in pitch black darkness with Thriller may make me run faster but not the first thing I want to hear as this run is helping me to wake up!  I thought about being afraid and how we have gone through that with our children, and now our grandchildren.  Being afraid is a normal thing, but overcoming it is a challenge for some.  For those who believe in God's power it is our strength to overcome fear.

Salvation is one thing God does not want us to be silent about.  It is being rescued from our sin and the destruction sin brings; but it is also the process of saving us to a life lived to the fullest, or as some version of the Bible call it, abundance.  Saved from death to life to the fullest!  What a thing to keep silent about!  We should draw deep "from the wells of salvation," and we should not keep silent about calling on the Lord for help.  From silence we are called to singing, for God merits our praising Him all the time.  Make the Lord known throughout the earth.

PRAYER:  Loving God, as I pray I want to ask for the courage to make it known that I will no longer be silent when I should be sharing You and Your strength for all people.  May people see in me the fullness of life, the hope that is not easily removed, and the joy that comes from knowing You.  This I pray in Christ Jesus' strong name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!  Make the Lord known today in all you say, think, and do!

Eradio Valverde