Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Living Under God's Grace

 

Image from growinggodlygenerations.com

Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, ‘Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body you have prepared for me; in burnt-offerings and sin-offerings you have taken no pleasure. Then I said, “See, God, I have come to do your will, O God” (in the scroll of the book it is written of me).’  When he said above, ‘You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt-offerings and sin-offerings’ (these are offered according to the law), then he added, ‘See, I have come to do your will.’ He abolishes the first in order to establish the second. And it is by God’s will that we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (Hebrews 10: 5-10)

May God's favor speak to your heart and spirit today through His holy words, and the words of a servant, dear Friend.  I thank you for your prayers and I thank the Lord for His faithfulness in hearing and responding to all prayers.  Mrs. Cheryl Meadows underwent successful surgery and is recovering in the Gonzales Hospital according to her husband, Bill.  May we continue to lift up one another in prayer and love.

Many churches celebrate a Happy Birthday, Jesus program or study; this is to remind us that the whole reason for the season is His birth, but many focus solely on what is Santa going to bring ME?  This passage says, This is what God brought YOU.  Jesus brought about a new understanding of God's grace outside of the Law.  The law exists to define sin and to address the problem of sin and to prescribe ways in which to deal with our sins.  This meant the slaughter of animals and the burning of those in a way the removed the sins of the people.  Jesus came into the word as the Lamb of God, to take away our sin.  His death on Calvary was that which was the ultimate sacrifice.  Jesus came to do God's will, which was to bring grace into the picture.  It is through grace that we are saved and our sins forgiven because of Jesus Christ.  And that was "once for all."

I can think of no better gift that I would rather have, than the knowledge that God loves me enough to have sent His only Son to take away my sin.  What you and I should be thinking this Advent Season is what can we give to Him for all that He has given to me?

PRAYER:  Loving God, I thank You for the great gift of Jesus just for me during this special season.  I ask You forgive me of all my sins and make me worthy to live a life that invites others to do the same.  Bless my life and let me find ways to show my love to You in great and glorious ways.  This I pray in Christ Jesus' powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!  Find that gift of yourself to bless God today!

Eradio Valverde