Thursday, March 19, 2009

AN AFFIRMATION FOR TODAY


God of all glory, reveal Your glory to this dear reader today in all that he or she undertakes. In Jesus' Name, amen.

My Affirmation for Today

I believe that as I see the heavens, I see the glory of God. As I walk on the earth I see the signs of God at work in a creative way in all things. Though these creations of God cannot speak, there is a declaration each day and their is an awareness at night, throughout the world, that God has made them and that God is present. How can I not see it? The sky is so beautiful, like a blue tent under which the sun is placed. And the sun each day, like a bridegroom at a wedding, emerges at just the right time for the celebration of the day. It is a joyful thing to behold, for God has made it.

I believe that God has shared His holy Word with us to revive and make us wise. As I read his Word as found in The Holy Bible I have joy in my heart; may I truly understand what God is saying. I believe that my respect of God is something honest and real, and it is something that will last forever. I believe that I desire to know more about God through His Word than any earthly possession or anything on earth. As I read more, may I heed Your instruction and know that in keeping Your Word I can live my life better. I believe that I can hide nothing from God, so let nothing be hidden from me. Let me be honest with me about things I've tried to hide. I believe I can have a positive influence on others for the good of God instead of letting others, especially those who are negative about God to have influence on me. I believe I can be blameless and let me be innocent of any great sins. I affirm this with the belief that I all that I speak today and all that I think on today can be an affirmation of my faith in God. For You, O God, are my rock and my redeemer. Amen. (An Affirmation of Faither based on Psalm 19-NRSV)

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord. Amen.

Eradio Valverde