Thursday, March 12, 2009

PRAYING THE PSALMS


Eternal God, speak the words of life to this dear reader as they celebrate You today in all they do. In Jesus' Name, amen.

23 You who fear the LORD, praise him! All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him; stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel! 24 For he did not despise or abhor the affliction of the afflicted; he did not hide his face from me, but heard when I cried to him. 25 From you comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will pay before those who fear him. 26 The poor shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD. May your hearts live forever! 27 All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him. 28 For dominion belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations. 29 To him, indeed, shall all who sleep in the earth bow down; before him shall bow all who go down to the dust, and I shall live for him. 30 Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord, 31 and proclaim his deliverance to a people yet unborn, saying that he has done it.

Loving God I lift up my prayer to You using the eternal words of David: I begin my day in praise to You. I join with others everywhere on the face of the earth who are lifting up words of thanksgiving and worship to You. I stand in awe of You. I cannot begin to understand Your love for me and how You did not spare Your Son for me either. You know that I am a sinner, yet You do not despise me or others like me in our condition; You continue to make Yourself known to me and when I pray to You, You answer. I join in prayer with members of my church family asking that we might be truly obedient to You in all things and in all ways. I pray for those who are hungry right this minute, that somehow they might be fed and satisfied, use me to be a part of that feeding. May the hearts of those who are seeking You live forever! I pray dear Lord, for a revival and a reawakening of true worship for You; may we seek beyond that which pleases us, to that which pleases You. May all nations come to know You, for only You have domininion over the earth. Let me, like those before me, be truly a blessing to You and my life and the example of my life bless those who may come behind me. Let my story include Your story in my life so that even those yet unborn might come to know You. I pray this in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Prayer Concerns: Dear ones, please lift up in your prayers Mrs. Phifer of Jacksonville, TX. Mrs. Phifer was my freshman and sophomore English professor at Lon Morris College. She is in hospice care battling cancer and needs our prayers for comfort and peace during this time. Pray for her family during this time as well. She was a loving, gentle, patient person who gave of herself to all her students and blessed me personally in my transition from high school to college. Please pray for George Roberts of Bossier City, LA, who is undergoing emergency surgery and needs our prayers. George is Missy Roberts' brother. Please lift up Vernay Carrington, recovering from surgery in Plano, TX. She is the wife of one of my dear friends from Lon Morris College. Pray for Tom as well during this time.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde