Thursday, March 05, 2009

PSALM 25, OUR PRAYER


Loving God, pour our Your blessings and protection on this dear reader. Amen.

Dear friends, let us join our hearts in prayer today as we pray the words of Psalm 25:1-10 as our prayer for this day:

Let us be in an attitude of worship and prayer as we make these words our own:

1 To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

Lord, at times my soul has been low, sometimes even I believe the lowest it could go, so please lift it up in praise and worship and I do it only for You.


2 O my God, in you I trust; do not let me be put to shame; do not let my enemies exult over me.


Lord, there is no where else I can place my trust other than in You. As I go about doing the things expected of me in my many roles, as spouse, parent, employee, employer, let me do that which makes You look good. Do not allow me to make a fool of myself trying to be someone that I am not.


3 Do not let those who wait for you be put to shame; let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.


As I make my 40-day Lenten Journey let me grow closer to You, closer to others and with myself; may each day bring a greater knowledge of the truth that is Yours for me. Let me choose wisely in the decisions that come before me. Let those who seek only to harm others or to profit from others find that which convicts them of their mistakes, but include me if I am one of those.


4 Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.


Let those spiritual disciplines that I have taken up during this Journey speak to me in terms that are loud and clear about who I am and who I need to be; remind me always, over and over, that I am Yours.


5 Lead me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all day long.


May I find time to spend in quiet. Come to me in the quiet and speak of that which is truth for my life. Let me be a students of Yours and all that is Yours. Make my mind center on You as I read Your word and as I pray to You.


6 Be mindful of your mercy, O Lord, and of your steadfast love, for they have been from of old.


Lord, you better than anyone know that I have not been perfect and stand in need of Your mercy. Be merciful to me as I should and will be merciful to others. Remind me that long before I was born You had mercy and love for me.


7 Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your steadfast love remember me, for your goodness' sake, O Lord!


While others may exclaim, "O, to be young again," remind me of what youth brought me in those times I did not know you or chose to act like I didn't know You. That applies also to yesterday and today when I thought I knew more and sought to please only myself.


8 Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in the way.


You are perfect and Your way of life and love can be instruction to me and to others. Let me help show others the way.


9 He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.


Lord, those that want to be led humble themselves before You and so do I. Lead me in Your way.


10 All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his decrees.


Let my life know of Your steadfast love and Your faithfulness, and may I be like You today and all days. May I seek Your Word daily that You may continue to speak to me. This all I pray in Jesus' Name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde