Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Here is a prayer I was asked to write for the United Methodist website (www.umc.org):

Loving God, in the midst of plenty or in the presence of scarcity, I am blessed. Whether it is a plate filled with food or facing what we now call a full plate of cares and worries, I am still blessed. At a table with family and friends, even with the absence of dear loved ones whose love and life once nurtured and supported me, I am blessed. On this day of counting blessings to give you thanks, let me give you thanks because in your love, I count and I matter to you. For the food that nourishes me and for the nourishment of faith, I give you thanks. For life, and for the fullness of life, I give you thanks. For the warm embrace of your love, for the warm glow of hope and light, even in the pit of despair, I give you thanks. As an action of giving thanks, let my life be a never-ending prayer and sermon of gratitude. And for the love of a dear Savior, in whom all things guides and inspires, in Christ Jesus, I pray with Thanksgiving. Amen. —The Rev. Eradio Valverde Jr., superintendent of the Corpus Christi District, Southwest Texas Annual (regional) Conference

Nellie, the family and I, wish you all a very blessed, safe, and great and Happy Thanksgiving!

Eradio Valverde