Wednesday, November 03, 2010

HOW WOULD YOU WRITE IT?

Loving God of all people, provide for the needs of this dear reader in whatever they may face today; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Our text for today comes from Job 19: 23 "O that my words were written down! O that they were inscribed in a book! 24 O that with an iron pen and with lead they were engraved on a rock forever! 25 For I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth; 26 and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I shall see God, 27 whom I shall see on my side.

What in your life is worth writing about? Honestly, all of it! Would you want to write down the bad that happened in your life? Would you write how you lost everything and everyone in your life? Would it be a best-seller that inspires people to faith or despair? Such is the case with Job. We know his story. A very blessed man, favored by God, sought after by Satan. The story goes that Satan makes the case for Job's faith to be rooted in his prosperity. God knows better, but in the story, allows Satan to afflict Job. Job loses his children. That would be enough for people to despair and give up. Job also loses all of his possessions. Even his wife has a small part in this drama where she encourages her husband to "curse God and die." In other words, realize Who caused this and get it over with! How can you live like this?

Job never loses faith and stresses the need for our continued faithfulness to God, thus the words of today's passage. In all that he suffered and endured, he states,"For I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last He will stand upon the earth." What faith to have in the face of suffering. It is our faith as well, brothers and sisters, to declare at the last, God will have the last word and we will see God.

PRAYER: Loving God of all life I thank You for being always with me. As I have lived life, I have experienced the very good and the not-so-good, but let me declare in all times and places, "I know that my Redeemer lives!" I pray this in faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde

PS Prayers of recovery for Fred Lyle of San Antonio, who underwent knee replacement surgery and for Huck Nelson of Taft, TX. Also for Rev. Alicia Campos, pastor in San Antonio. Blessings for those who pray!