Thursday, January 20, 2011

I WAS NOT GLAD WHEN THEY SAID UNTO ME; NOW I AM!

Dear God, may the words of that great hymn, "Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine," be the words of praise in the life of this dear reader; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Our text for today comes from Psalm 27: 1 Light, space, zest - that's God! So, with him on my side I'm fearless, afraid of no one and nothing. 4 I'm asking God for one thing, only one thing: To live with him in his house my whole life long. I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at his feet. 5 That's the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world, The perfect getaway, far from the buzz of traffic. 6 God holds me head and shoulders above all who try to pull me down. I'm headed for his place to offer anthems that will raise the roof! Already I'm singing God-songs; I'm making music to God. 7 Listen, God, I'm calling at the top of my lungs: "Be good to me! Answer me!" 8 When my heart whispered, "Seek God," my whole being replied, "I'm seeking him!" 9 Don't hide from me now! You've always been right there for me; don't turn your back on me now. Don't throw me out, don't abandon me; you've always kept the door open. (The Message)

I learned the other day that those who choose to go to church go on average 1.7 times a month. I feel for the children of those parents and more for those whose parents choose not to go to church at all. If you were forced to go to church as a child, I pray the day came when you realized what a blessing, what a joy it was to be in the house of God. When that day arrived for me I just knew there was a specialness to being in that little church that could not be matched by any other place. And as I grew and discovered that living "in God" was even more special. Living in God was having a relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. That's the joy of the Psalmist as he writes this psalm; the words he wrote thousands of years ago still speak truth to those who know!

May we make it our joyful duty to invite others into that special place with God. May we do it for the children who are missing out and not finding the joy and peace that we have.

PRAYER: Loving God, help me to be the person that invites others to come and be in your house. Help me do it for all Your children, but especially those who are still young and innocent and not yet known You. I pray this in Christ Jesus' precious name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde