Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Our Best for Christ Jesus

Loving God of peace and healing, may Your loving touch be upon the needs of this dear reader in whatever way You deem best; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Our text for today comes from 1 Corinthians 9: 24 You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. 25 All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally. 26 I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! 27 I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself. (The Message)

Comedians talk about the things everyone thinks about, but doesn't want to say aloud. One comedians some years back prior to the Olympics imitated that runner in a race who realizes that he is going to come in last. "All those years of training, and I'm coming in last?" Of course, the reality is that to even be in the Olympics representing your country is a great honor and to come in last still means this runner could probably beat the average person in a race. Yet, what an honor to win! Paul says that the Christian life is the same thing. We train to win over all things. We keep ourselves in the best shape we can to face all that may come our way. We're to "give it everything" we got. We should not be content in living sloppy Christian lives where we accept mediocrity as a standard. To serve Christ is to serve the One and only; to serve the best. Anything else falls short.

Think about Who you represent in your life today and all days.

PRAYER: Loving God, help me to fully understand how important it is to be in the best shape I need to better represent You. Make clear to me as I listen to You what that means and how I best can achieve that, for Your good and Your glory. I pray in Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde