Saturday, February 04, 2012

Southwest Culture

Sitting in our airline terminal and we have just been informed of bad weather delay in Houston. I have been up since 2:29. a.m. That's given me some time to pray, look around, go out of the secure area to check on my connection, and that delight of delights, going through security a second time! Ah, what fun. But it has also allowed me to notice the difference between the gate of airline on which I am booked and the gate of Southwest Ailrines. These folks have a different culture about who they are and what they offer. For example, our gate is strictly business. The SW gate has red tin foil hearts and a red and white paper heart chain. They know Valentine's Day is coming and they're ready. And if you've ever flown SW you know they have fun in all they do and it shows. And it's contagious.

I think about the Church. Business as usual, and that in a strict way? Or do your hearts show?