Wednesday, December 09, 2015

I Will Trust God, and Not Be Afraid

Image from youtube.com

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. In that day you will say: "Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you." (Isaiah 12:2-6 NIV)

Our grandson called us last night and he was excited! "We're having a book fair!" We love hearing that all our grandkids love to read, and just yesterday I read an article that says that the more books one has in ones home, the more likely the children of that household will love to read, and that is the truth with our daughters, and now with their children. He continued, "All we have to do is put which books we want on a wish list, and we'll get them!" His mom chuckled and said, "You still have to buy them." But, what faith and joy was his! Precisely why Jesus said we must have childlike faith when it comes to matters of faith and trusting God. The prophet is saying that having God as our salvation is the basis of living a life of trust and not being afraid. Have you ever been so afraid that your life was paralyzed? I know some who have been so afraid they stop functioning as adults or even humans. Some won't leave their houses. Some won't go to church anymore. Some are afraid to see their doctors, and some turn to stimulants to numb that fear. Case in point: Yesterday on our morning walk, Nellie and I were stopped by a woman in a car, who told us she had circled the block twice because a young man on the bus bench was slumped over. I ran to check on him and he was non responsive. The lady was on the phone with non-emergency 911, and I told her he needed an ambulance. We ran back to the young man, and an EMT just off duty, obviously with a scanner in his truck, came out and started care for the man. He turned to me and said he was seeing this almost on a daily basis, and sometimes more than once a day.

There is the work that is before us; to find those who have not yet found that salvation from fear, whose lives are marked and marred by fear and foolish decisions. They have no songs to sing, compared to what Isaiah says, those who know the Lord as their strength have songs to sing, they have deep wells of living water found in that salvation. They also have an attitude of thanksgiving, thankful for all that God has done. Yesterday I also read that said the three types of people with whom should surround yourself: The inspired. The excited. The grateful.

Are you in at least one of those categories because of your salvation in the Lord?

PRAYER: Loving God, inspire my life to be an inspiration to others. Grant me the faith that excites me about what You are doing in and around me. And help me to be grateful for all things, especially my salvation. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde