Thursday, April 23, 2020

God Loves You!

Image from dreamstime.com

Hear the devotional here: https://bit.ly/3asWFlq

1 I love the LORD , because He hears My voice and my supplications. 2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live. 12 What shall I render to the LORD For all His benefits toward me? 13 I shall lift up the cup of salvation And call upon the name of the LORD . 14 I shall pay my vows to the LORD , Oh may it be in the presence of all His people. 15 Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His godly ones. 16 O LORD , surely I am Your servant, I am Your servant, the son of Your handmaid, You have loosed my bonds. 17 To You I shall offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving, And call upon the name of the LORD . 18 I shall pay my vows to the LORD , Oh may it be in the presence of all His people, 19 In the courts of the LORD'S house, In the midst of you, O Jerusalem. Praise the LORD! (Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19 New American Standard Bible)

A glorious and blessed Thursday be yours today, dear Friend! I thank you for your prayers and devotion to the Lord. I've not heard any updates on those for whom we have been praying, but we trust the Lord! I pray this finds you well and praying for this what we are going through find a remedy with God's help soon.

Remember discovering the mysteries of love on the playground in elementary school? I don't either. I was too shy. But it was sure interesting listening to our daughters as they discussed with each other and sometimes in veiled ways with us, about the other kids. Our grandchildren have started their own discoveries and we enjoy hearing them. One conversation was about a friend who was "going round" with a girl. Our child did not know what that meant. "I don't know if that means walking and if it does, just where and how far they walk, I don't know." But I do remember falling in love and all that that meant. I was about 8 years old and I heard a sermon on how much God loved me. I already had been blessed by the love of my mother and father, and enjoyed knowing of their love, but when the preacher described this love of God as something far better, I wanted to know more. I remember him saying that we had to invite Jesus into our hearts, and so I extended the invitation to Jesus right then and there. I didn't have to raise my hand, nor did I have to walk down the aisle; it was a very private moment but I knew it had taken place. I was now a King's kid, a trusting believer in the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I want to know more about the moment David became a believer and a recipient of God's love. I know that it changed his life forever and it brought him the throne and crown of Israel later, but that pales in comparison to what he had already received; the assurance and promise of a God who loved him and would never let him down. What we do know is that the love of God and his love for God became a favorite theme of his writings. Every chance he had, he would describe what that meant and how beneficial it would be for his readers to come to the same realization sooner rather than later, of that love. David lists love from God being about communication where God is open to listening and hearing our voices and our supplications. David knows that God has inclined his ear towards him and would always hear him. And in terms of returning to God, David knew that we cannot out give God. What we can do is glorify the things God has done for us in worship and outside of worship, lifting high the gift of salvation and promoting prayer as a blessed gift from God. David also commits himself to faithful obedience to God, paying his vows to God and in the presence of all who would witness it.

David also knows that those who die in the Lord are welcomed into God's presence with love and open arms. And David again commits his life to God as a faithful servant. And he will be a leader and participant in God's worship.

Dear friend, my prayer is that you truly know how much God loves you and that you will continue to commit your love for Him. And this will go beyond words into a faithful, demonstrative commitment of faithfulness and service to Him. And this will be something that happens both inside and outside worship areas.

PRAYER: Faithful God, lift high our heart and spirit as we again realize how much You love us. May we be empowered to love You freely and openly in ways that bless those who do not yet know the love of God for themselves. This we pray in Christ Jesus' strong name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! Be open to showing God's love in new ways today to all!

Receive my blessings of love and joy,

Pastor Eradio Valverde