Thursday, March 30, 2023

Innocent, Thanks to Jesus!

Image from blogtalkradio.com

Hear the devotional: https://bit.ly/3M0DjdG

View the devotional:https://bit.ly/40IsXmS

4 The Master, God, has given me a well-taught tongue, So I know how to encourage tired people. He wakes me up in the morning, Wakes me up, opens my ears to listen as one ready to take orders. 5 The Master, God, opened my ears, and I didn't go back to sleep, didn't pull the covers back over my head. 6 I followed orders, stood there and took it while they beat me, held steady while they pulled out my beard, Didn't dodge their insults, faced them as they spit in my face. 7 And the Master, God, stays right there and helps me, so I'm not disgraced. Therefore I set my face like flint, confident that I'll never regret this. 8 My champion is right here. Let's take our stand together! Who dares bring suit against me? Let him try! 9 Look! the Master, God, is right here. Who would dare call me guilty? Look! My accusers are a clothes bin of threadbare socks and shirts, fodder for moths! (Isaiah 50:4-9a The Message Bible)

Happy Thursday to you, beloved Friend. I pray this finds you at peace and knowing how much God loves you and cares for you. I heard from Mrs. Gaytan and she's getting better by the day, and we pray she be completely healed of her illness soon. Please be in prayer for your pastor(s) as these next couple of weeks are the twice-a-year Super Bowls they have to manage. This is also the time of year most people are open to your invitation to join them in worship for Easter Sunday. Many have been the lives who have said yes to an inviation not realizing they were also saying yes to Jesus and His love! You can be a life-saver in these next few days in asking someone to join you in worship. Please pray for the world; for those grieving loss, facing anxiety, seeking job changes, seeking employment, seeking to better their lives. Pray for one another. Pray for your needs.

I blame the sandals I was wearing. I also blame the poor choice where I stopped along Interstate 37 as we neared our home in Corpus Christi. Our young grandson had asked for Grandpa to quickkly stop the car so he could relieve himself. I felt it as it began its evil work on my foot. I touched poison ivy and it did its deed quickly, burning, starting a horrible itch, and making its way up my leg. There was nothing I could do because a little one was awaiting his relief. And for the next few days I was reminded where not to stop along the Interstate and what shoes never to wear if roadside stops were in our plans.

This is the time of year most of us have been praying about, and asking that our sins be removed from us. Most who take their Lenten Journeys seriously, know getting forgiveness of our sins is chief among the needs we have in our hearts and spirits. The only way to rid ourselves of sin is to ask Jesus. The text as written by the prophet Isaiah speaks of his knowledge of all that God can and does do for us. Isaiah credits God for having given him a manner of speaking to people that encourages the tired. God also kept him aware of the needs of those around him, making him open to listening to their woes and helping them in their prayers to be made right with God. Then in writing that shifts to the prophetic the prophet shares the pain and anguish of the Messiah as He stood trial and faced abuse for being the Anointed One of God. In the more original versions of this passage we can read what we read in the gospels of the treatment of Jesus. Verse six in the Revised Standard Version reads, " I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard; I hid not my face from shame and spitting." This was part of Jesus' passion. What Isaiah felt led to share, Jesus felt in His body and spirit. The faith of Jesus is shared so many years before it actually happened. And the presence of God's Spirit, Isaiah sensed and wrote, Jesus affirmed that He was not alone because God was with Him. And the prophet ends the passage by saying, who is there who can condemn Him? They're nothing compared to God, and the modern language says, "My accusers are a clothes bin of threadbare socks and shirts, fodder for moths." God wins. God always wins.

PRAYER: Loving God, bless our efforts to be faithful by removing our sin. Help us to stand and to be victorious in all things. Help us share our faith in ways that brings others to the celebration; in Christ Jesus we pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! YOUR CALL TO ACIONT: Share your life in ways that invite others to join the faith.

Receive my blessing of peace and joy,

Pastor Eradio Valverde, Jr.