Wednesday, February 20, 2008

AT HOME WITH GOD


Good day dear friends.
Our text today comes from The Book of Ruth:
1:16 But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried."
We don't know much about Ruth's religion other than being a Moabite. It is believed there were close similarities between the Jewish faith and that of the Moabites. However, they were different. There are close similarities between Baptists and United Methodists, but they are different. We can speculate that Ruth was raised a faithful devotee of her religion and lived a life that reflected that, but the day came when she married outside her religion and chose to stay in that faith. The above verse shows her devotion to her now ex-mother-in-law. Ruth's first husband had died, no other children around for her to marry to stay in the family, but her love said it matters not, I will stay with Naomi.
Ruth found a home in her new faith. And God blessed her. Look at the lineage of Jesus as found in The Gospel of Matthew. Her relationship with God blessed her with a new life.
Have you found a home? Are you in a loving, trusting relationship with God through Jesus Christ? These are the important questions to ask during this Lenten Journey. My prayer is that we are where we know God wants us to be, enjoying what God has prepared for us and that we are finding meaning and purpose for our lives.
PRAYER: Loving God, I thank You for Your love and how I've come to experience it. May You be always real to me in my faith. May this Lenten Journey reveal even more of Your greatness and love. I pray in Christ Jesus' Name, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.