Thursday, February 28, 2008

A WORLD WITHOUT LIMITS


Good day dear friends.
As many of you have heard, our brother Allen Bates dies Tuesday night after a hardfought battle against a terrible disease. I do not have any funeral arrangements yet. Please hold the Bates family in your prayers. Allen was 51 and had two small children and a wife.
"As a man thinketh, so is he..." Proverbs 23:7 (KJV)
This was the verse we at Youth ultimately came to in a discussion about life and politics and elections. I was a bit saddened by how early negative thinking about oneself and ones future can creep into a child's life. Those present were all junior high kids and their negative notes reminded me of this verse. I tried to share with the kids that whatever fuels your thoughts fuels your life. If you think you can't do something, you won't. If you think you're limited in some things, you are. But if the opposite is true, then you can do more and accomplish more. God has given us free will and a mind with which to make decisions and we should apply it to the positive to get where God would have us get.
What limits have you placed on yourself today? Please don't be surprised if you don't get beyond those!
PRAYER: God of infinite possibilities, free my mind from negativity and set me free to dream Your dreams and to accomplish what You have shared with me. I pray this in Jesus' Name, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.
A free online copy of a classic book by the same title of that verse if available here: http://jamesallen.wwwhubs.com/think.htm.