Tuesday, February 10, 2009

LISTENING TO GOD


Merciful God, shine down Your gracious love on this dear reader. In Christ Jesus' Name, amen.

We find in the Prophet Isaiah's words as found in the 26th chapter: Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock, the promise to all who would undertake anything to which God called them, the person in whom to place our trust and it is God himself. A lot of times we know we're called by God to undertake something as God has led us, but we fail to pray and listen for God's guidance. That is when "the taunters" can creep into our thinking and spirit and ask us again and again, "Who do you think you are, trying or doing this?" The answer comes from God is we allow, "I am called by God to do this and I am trusting and waiting for God to guide me in just the right way to accomplish God's purpose for my life and the good of His Kingdom."

All of us have those moments when we listen "back" to things we may have heard as children; a taunting aunt or uncle, a silly friend or even a well-meaning parent. Listen closely and see if you can hear God in what you hear. Chances are, you're not listening to God, you're listening to an ancient fear placed there by someone other than God. Ask God for clarity, and God will grant it.

PRAYER: Loving God, as I attempt what I need for today, let me be guided only by You. If I should hear the voices of old taunting me, let me instead listen for Your crystal clear voice of faith and reassurance. I seek to glorify You and You only. Accept this prayer that I lift up in Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde