Wednesday, March 30, 2016

iWitness

Graphic made by Eradio Valverde on ReType and Over apps

When they had brought them, they had them stand before the council. The high priest questioned them, saying, "We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name, yet here you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and you are determined to bring this man's blood on us." But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than any human authority.The God of our ancestors raised up Jesus, whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior that he might give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey him." (Acts 5:27-32)

I remember years ago going to a little hole in the wall restaurant in Houston.  It was a Mexican restaurant that served traditional Mexican foods as well as some awesome aquas as can be found now most anywhere including some HEBs here in Texas.  The place was named Ninfa's.  I later took my district manager from SW Bell there to eat, as he was on a ride-along, evaluating my work.  The next day I was promoted; and I began to tell everyone I knew about this little eating spot.  Before too long it was impossible to eat there.  When we experience something out of the ordinary we share it, don't we?  And the disciples were no different.  Having been arrested and then set free by the Holy Spirit, they were told to go and teach and preach Jesus in the Temple.  They were again arrested and brought before the council.  They showed they believed and obeyed God rather than the council.  And they knew they had to be witnesses to the awesomeness of God.

You and I are witnesses as well.  God has been involved in our lives and has done great things for us and we should not keep quiet about that.  We have to share with everyone the good God can do in the lives of people who invite Him in.  

Don't wait for God to make the stones cry out; you have a way to share, so be an iWitness for God!

PRAYER:  Loving God, I want to share; give me wisdom, courage, boldness and opportunities and I will be an eyewitness to what God has done.  In Jesus Christ I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde