Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday of Holy Week; God Listens!

Image from verseoftheday.com

I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy. He listened so intently as I laid out my case before him. What can I give back to God for the blessings he's poured out on me? I'll lift high the cup of salvation - a toast to God! I'll pray in the name of God; I'll complete what I promised God I'd do, and I'll do it together with his people.When they arrive at the gates of death, God welcomes those who love him. Oh, God, here I am, your servant, your faithful servant: set me free for your service! I'm ready to offer the thanksgiving sacrifice and pray in the name of God. I'll complete what I promised God I'd do, and I'll do it in company with his people, In the place of worship, in God's house, in Jerusalem, God's city. Hallelujah! (Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19 The Message)

It is so refreshing these days to find someone who will turn and face you as you visit with them.  What has become the norm is that their face will be involved in a screen and it appears they are not listening.  Some are, some are not; mostly, not.  But as we start this Tuesday of Holy Week, Jesus knew that this last week of HIs earthly life would be the hardest, and so He prayed.  And prayed.  He knew to face this week He needed to stay connected with God.  And Jesus knew this psalm as one of affirmation in the listening and loving ear of God.  And as Jesus prepares for the events of this week, He knows that not only can He trust God, He must continue to praise and worship God, and complete that which was expected of Him.

Trust in God.  God loves you and listens to you.  Worship and praise God right where you are right now, knowing that God is with you and you can face this week and all that comes with it.  And run to the worship space of your life and join those who also want to worship and praise God; make loud the praises of He who loves us and who died for us.

PRAYER:  Loving God, I worship and praise You for all You are, and all You  have done.  Bless me to the point of me being a blessing to You and Yours.  In Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde