Thursday, March 10, 2016

Quit Looking Back!  Look Towards God!

Image from www.pnwumc.org

Thus says the Lord, who makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters, who brings out chariot and horse, army and warrior; they lie down, they cannot rise, they are extinguished, quenched like a wick: Do not remember the former things, or consider the things of old. I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. The wild animals will honor me, the jackals and the ostriches; for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert, to give drink to my chosen people,the people whom I formed for myself so that they might declare my praise. (Isaiah 43:16-21)

Doors will open.  Paths will be made.  Walls will fall.  Even a walkway in the ocean will appear.  The ones who pursued you in the past will give up.  You need but look forward, towards God, and away from the harm and sin of the past.  This is the Biblical message in a nutshell.  It is the story of a loving, involved God in the lives of His people.  It is your story.  It is my story.

Yet, we sometimes get lured back, in those quiet moments to thinking back about the bad we've done, the things we've said, the thoughts we thought.  We start feeling the guilt of a sin long removed from us.  We find ourselves exactly where Satan would have us be.  But God still calls out in a more loving and caring voice:  "Do not remember the former things, or consider the things of old.  I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?"  And indeed, the way of God is to keep moving ever forward and ever upward; for God makes a way when it seems no way is possible.

And what does God expect in return?  Our love and praise.  A love of action and a praise that invites, so that others can leave behind the mire in which they find themselves and come on that path that leads to life in the fullest.

PRAYER:  THANK YOU, LOVING GOD for inviting me to leave the past in the past and to walk hand in hand with You towards Your future.  Help me to love You and Yours more, and praise You more, so that others may come and join alongside us.  This I pray in Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde

PS  Thank you all for your prayers.  I am suffering from allergies.  The doctor gave me new eye drops and a new nasal spray.  Onward and upward!  Praise His Name!