Thursday, September 01, 2016

No One Knows Me Like You, O Lord! The Last One Who Did, I Married Them!

Image from indulgy.com

God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand. I'm an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking.  You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight.  You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence.  I look behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too - your reassuring presence, coming and going.  This is too much, too wonderful - I can't take it all in! Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb.  I thank you, High God - you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration - what a creation!  You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something.  Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.  Your thoughts - how rare, how beautiful! God, I'll never comprehend them!  I couldn't even begin to count them - any more than I could count the sand of the sea. Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you! (Psalm 139:1-6,13-18)

It was uncanny the number of things that were identical between my bride and me; more so the way she came to know me and still accept me.  As I said above, I married her, and after more than 38 years together we still start and end the same sentences, and believe we know the same facts about life and things in general.  But gosh, the things God knows about us. And God still loves us!  David came to know this and declares, "This is the way to live!"  What is it about us that God doesn't know?  David says, "I invite you to come and check me out; learn all about me, read me as an open book!  From way up there or from inside my heart, You know me and my thoughts.  If I get up from reading this and then come back - You've gone with me.  If I start to say something, You know precisely what I'm going to say.  If I glance back, there You are!  If I look up ahead, there You are as well!  You provide a calming, reassuring presence either in my coming and going.  This is awesome, and I love it!  Even before I was born, there You were shaping and molding me - and for all of this, I thank You!  You have made me in a marvelous way, and You know every bone, every perfection and every flaw; still that "open book" that You made.  There has not been a day when I have not been in Your sight.  How I wish I could completely understand You, the way You understand me.  This is the way to live!"

Live in a way that pleases the God who is always watching and loving you!

PRAYER:  AWESOME God, may the words above and the words in my heart and mind now be the prayer that blesses this day for You and for me.  In Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde

Prayers for Richard McClellan, who is in ICU here in Corpus.  Also for the family of Earl Frank from St. John's UMC here in CC as well.