Thursday, March 30, 2017

I Can't Wait Until Morning!

dImage from techcrunch.com

Help, God - the bottom has fallen out of my life! Master, hear my cry for help! Listen hard! Open your ears! Listen to my cries for mercy.  If you, God, kept records on wrongdoings, who would stand a chance? As it turns out, forgiveness is your habit, and that's why you're worshiped.  I pray to God - my life a prayer - and wait for what he'll say and do. My life's on the line before God, my Lord, waiting and watching till morning, waiting and watching till morning.  O Israel, wait and watch for God - with God's arrival comes love, with God's arrival comes generous redemption. No doubt about it - he'll redeem Israel, buy back Israel from captivity to sin. (Psalm 130 The Message)

There are some days that never seem to arrive!  Have you ever had to wait for those?  Some might compare it to those Christmas Eves when it seems that the activities of the day will never end so you can go to sleep and awaken the next morning to what you've been waiting for.  (I hate to tell you I'm guilty of that and that sometimes makes us guilty of missing the point about whose birthday it really is!).  But I'm talking about the anxious expectation for the day that brings a tremendous blessing.  The psalmist had one of those as he prayed and repented and waited for God's mercy to finally bless his life.And he compares it to the sin of his nation and how they should be waiting for God's mercy as well; and it seems that day never arrives.  But it does, and when it does, the psalmist says, "With God's arrival comes love, (and) with God's arrival comes generous redemption."  God will redeem the nation and bring it out of captivity into freedom.

Perhaps you relate to that.  You said something to a loved one that you can't take back.  You wait until that person says you're forgiven and the relationship can be on the right track again.  Or you've done something you regret and you await for true mercy to find its way into your heart and soul.  That day does come when we surround to God and truly believe that God forgives and allows us to have a new start.  Sometimes the hardest judge on us is us.  

Make this day count.  Make this a day of new beginnings in your life as you hear God's voice say to you, "My child, you are forgiven; You've been set free to live in me a life that pleases me."  And then believe it and live it.

PRAYER:  Loving God, thank You for Your love and mercy.  Thank You for redemption.  May I truly hear You speaking words of new life to me, so that I may be a blessing to others.  This I pray in Christ Jesus, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord.

Eradio Valverde