Friday, June 16, 2017

Stay Strong in the Lord!

Image from ingram.org

Because of you I look like an idiot, I walk around ashamed to show my face. My brothers shun me like a bum off the street; My family treats me like an unwanted guest.  I love you more than I can say. Because I'm madly in love with you, They blame me for everything they dislike about you. When I poured myself out in prayer and fasting, All it got me was more contempt. When I put on a sad face, They treated me like a clown. Now drunks and gluttons Make up drinking songs about me.And me? I pray. God, it's time for a break! God, answer in love! Answer with your sure salvation!Rescue me from the swamp, Don't let me go under for good, Pull me out of the clutch of the enemy; This whirlpool is sucking me down. Don't let the swamp be my grave, the Black Hole Swallow me, its jaws clenched around me. Now answer me, God, because you love me; Let me see your great mercy full-face. Don't look the other way; your servant can't take it. I'm in trouble. Answer right now!Come close, God; get me out of here. Rescue me from this deathtrap. (Psalm 69:7-18 The Message)

We have all had those days, months, sometimes even years.  We do what we believe are the right things for the Lord.  We give God all we have, and it seems we don't progress.  We seem stuck in Neutral.  But, have you ever had a day when your words have equaled those of the psalmist?  We can't question his love for God, but he certainly is questioning God and the situation(s) he finds himself.  His faithfulness has made him, he believes, "look like an idiot."  He feels shame to the point of wanting to hide from others.  His sibling has shunned him, and the family treats him like an unwanted guest.  Yet, his love for God continues strong.  And he believes it is that love for God that has caused all this.  He still prays, and he still asks for salvation, and for God's mercy.  The model for us is to follow his continued devotion to God.  No matter the situation or circumstance, we cannot waver from God, for we know that God never wavers from us.

PRAYER:  Loving God, let me not waver in my faith and devotion to God.  No matter what I face or how hard I believe life to be getting to me, I shall love You, pray to You, and never give up on You.  And Lord, I pray for my dear brother/sister and whatever they may be going through.  See them through it and guide and bless them.  This is my prayer and I lift it up in Christ Jesus' strong name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!  Try looking on the bright side today.

Eradio Valverde