Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Passwords of Praise!

Image from myneo.com

Your love, God, is my song, and I'll sing it! I'm forever telling everyone how faithful you are.  I'll never quit telling the story of your love - how you built the cosmos and guaranteed everything in it. Your love has always been our lives' foundation, your fidelity has been the roof over our world. You once said, "I joined forces with my chosen leader, I pledged my word to my servant, David, saying,  'Everyone descending from you is guaranteed life; I'll make your rule as solid and lasting as rock.'" Blessed are the people who know the passwords of praise, who shout on parade in the bright presence of God.  Delighted, they dance all day long; they know who you are, what you do - they can't keep it quiet! Your vibrant beauty has gotten inside us - you've been so good to us! We're walking on air! All we are and have we owe to God, Holy God of Israel, our King! (Psalm 89:1-4, 15-18)

I love passwords.  Only trouble is that I can't remember half of them!  I have most trouble with the most used ones, and I take for granted that my personal computer usually remembers them for me.  When I go to use one on a hotel computer, nada.  I can't remember it.  The psalmist is excited about God and God's love.  He's so excited, he's singing about God's love and telling whoever will listen, that God rocks!  God's faithfulness is worth singing about.  And it's a story we should never tire of telling.  God's love, as the psalmist sees it, is the foundation of our lives; God's fidelity is the roof over our world.  Quite an image, no?  And then, he uses the word passwords of praise to describe how those who are tuned into God already have access to God and because of that access are blessed and sing of that blessing.  

Remember the old game Password with Gene Rayburn?  The password guessed would lead to money,  but only the winner would get to keep the money won.  Passwords became popular with computers and having access to the computer itself or to programs, or to online services and apps; those who don't know the password can't get in.  And in the military, the password was the code that would mean life or death.  The great news is, again, that those who are tuned into God know the passwords of praise, and should be singing and telling about them to all who will listen.  They should join or form parades to declare the goodness of God.  It's so good, you can't help but dance with joy, and they surely cannot keep it quiet. God has been good to us and we should share with the world.

PRAYER:  Loving God, thank You for allowing all who seek You to have access to You.  Thank You also for allowing us to be in tune with You and to sing your praises.  Let us no longer keep quiet.  Let us sing with joy of Your love forever!  In Christ Jesus we pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord.  Move around in praise and celebration; tell somebody of the goodness of God!

Eradio Valverde