Thursday, August 31, 2017

Seek God Always!

Image from crosswords.com

O give thanks to the Lord, call on his name,make known his deeds among the peoples. Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wonderful works.Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually. Remember the wonderful works he has done, his miracles, and the judgements he has uttered, O offspring of his servant Abraham,children of Jacob, his chosen ones.Then Israel came to Egypt;Jacob lived as an alien in the land of Ham. And the Lord made his people very fruitful, and made them stronger than their foes, whose hearts he then turned to hate his people, to deal craftily with his servants. He sent his servant Moses,and Aaron whom he had chosen. that they might keep his statutes and observe his laws.Praise the Lord! (Psalm 105:1-6, 23-26, 45c)

There are some things in my life that I seek just for my own pleasures; tv shows, certain foods, some magazines, books, and quite honestly, it could be a long list.  For example, I shared with our Bible study class yesterday that for about seven years (seven seasons) I have been following Game of Thrones.  I have a daughter that bought and read all the books (yes, apparently, there are books behind the show!), and even in those years I do not know the names of any of the characters, the kingdoms, etc.  One name I know, Stark.  That's it.  And this season came to an end Sunday night and we'll have to wait until 2019 for us to know what happened with the blue dragon now serving the Army of the Dead.  But the One I do seek is the Lord.  This psalm blesses my life with what it shares that we should do in our quest to know God better; to give thanks to Him, to call on His name, to make His deeds know among all people.  God likes for me to sing praises to Him, and to tell of His wonderful works.  I certainly "glory in His holy name."  And I am a grateful sort that not easily forgets a kind deed done for me, especially the great deeds God has done for me.

Our class spoke of how parents have not done their job in telling their children about God.  Some have, some, thank God, have not.  But think on how important it is to make God real in our lives so that those who watch us and learn from us can see that indeed God is real.  This summer we have enjoyed having our two oldest grandchildren stay with us for extended times, and we enjoyed teaching them how to pray.  We pray that they will know that God is real in our lives and that we seek God all the time.

It's not too late to start!

PRAYER: Loving God, help me to seek You in ways that teach and bless others.  In Jesus Christ's holy name I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!  Seek God right now!

Eradio Valverde

Please continue prayers for those being affected by this terrible storm; for those still awaiting help and electricity and medical attention.  One last prayer: For me.  Men of a certain age get asked to undergo a procedure and it's time for mine.  Today is prep day and tomorrow is the procedure.  I pray for healthy results.  Please do the same.  And thank you for taking time to read and for those of you who forward this devotional, thank you, and a special thanks for praying for me.  May the Lord bless you and keep you!