Tuesday, January 10, 2023

God is Faithful

Image from trinitybelleplaine.org

Hear the devotional: https://anchor.fm/eradio-valverde/episodes/God-is-Faithful-e1t9npv

View here: https://www.tiktok.com/@eradiovalverde/video/7186879338393046318?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1&lang=en

3 May all the gifts and benefits that come from God our Father, and the Master, Jesus Christ, be yours. 4 Every time I think of you - and I think of you often! - I thank God for your lives of free and open access to God, given by Jesus. 5 There's no end to what has happened in you - it's beyond speech, beyond knowledge. 6 The evidence of Christ has been clearly verified in your lives. 7 Just think - you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. 8 And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. 9 God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that. The Cross: The Irony of God's Wisdom. (1 Corinthians 1:3-9 The Message Bible)

Happy Tuesday, dear Reader. I have shared with you through this email that I am a big fan of the television series The Chosen. It's produced, filmed, and distributed here in Texas. It is about the life and ministry of Jesus. The easiest way to view this is via their app called Angel. This is available through your smartphone's stores or through your smart television. The show is in its third season and this week's episode centered on Jairus' daughter and the woman who had bled for many years. There is, of course, many liberties taken to share back stories to those mentioned in The Bible. I won't spoil any of the episode's content, but I strongly urge you to watch this awesome show. I also share that my neighbor, Mr. Hector Cruz, was scheduled to have a surgery on Monday to remove a tumor they discovered in his stomach, but was postponed due to the need to drain a cyst. Please keep Hector and Terri in your prayers.

I mentioned the show because it does makes us realize that those who came in contact with Jesus had their lives changed. The Twelve were ordinary, hard-working men, whose lives were never the same after meeting Jesus. I met Jesus in a formal way when I was about eight years old. My preacher on that day stressed that we needed Jesus in our heart and the only way He would come in was if we invited Him in. I did, and He did. That began a lifelong spiritual adventure that Paul mentions in verse 9 of this passage. And in that adventure, God has never let me down. How I wish I could say that I never let God down, but I can't. Every day of this journey I have had "free and open access to God, given by Jesus." Not only that, but every step and every challenge and obstacle that has come my way, God has been alongside me to keep me steady and on track." Again, there have been days that I've looked beyond that track and thought wistfully that maybe a better life would be possible, only to realize that I was on the right path, with the right One, One who hadn't given up on me and I could not give up on Him.

Like the Twelve, I am an ordinary man, called from among many to serve Him. I fought the call and thought that perhaps God had called the wrong person. I was shy, self-conscious, and at times timid, not what I would call ideal ministerial material. I ran from God, tried to hide from God, but God never left my side. When I finally stopped to surrender I said that if God truly wanted and needed me, He would have to change me. And as the title for today's devotional said, God is faithful. God provided the companion I needed for this journey and God also provided the children who love me and pray for me and have blessed me in wonderful ways.

God is faithful, dear friend. No matter your age or stage; God is with you and is providing for you and your needs. Whatever path you believe you are called to be on, keep moving forward and upward, trusting God and allowing God to lead you. You have free and open access to God, so use it. Prayer is still your first option and you should excercise that. As Paul wrote, I also believe, "There is no end to what has happened in you - it's beyond speech, beyond knowledge....you don't needa thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale." You are surrounded not only by a great cloud of witnesses, you also have at your disposal mentors, pastors, brothers, sisters, teachers, counselors, and guides, who drop everything to come to your side to help and bless you.

PRAYER: Loving God, guide us onward towards You and that which You to which you have called us. We want to be faithful and fruitful. Let us be a blessing to You and Your kingdom; in Christ Jesus we pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! YOUR CALL TO ACTION: Show others how God has been faithful in your life.

Receive my blessings of peace and hope,

Pastor Eradio Valverde, Jr.