Thursday, October 19, 2006

THE COMFORT OF A PSALM

Good day dear friends. Yes, there has been no ConCafes for this week. This week was a most difficult one for me and dear friends. I have travelled much, on Monday to San Antonio for a meeting, then to Atlanta on Tuesday. Wednesday found me too drained in more ways that one, to drive to Kerrville as I had planned, and so I have not had time to write a ConCafe.

This past Sunday we were blessed by the children of the church in their presentation of the message and worship. May God bless our children!

For today, let us be blessed by the words of this beautiful Psalm.

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

In the midst of the challenges of life I find that in the Lord I have all that I need. The Lord is gracious and understanding towards me; in Him I can catch my breath and be restored. And do I need restoration! Lord, restore my soul: fill it to the brim with faith and hope, joy and peace. If I get dazed and confused, lead me on the right way. I walk to walk in the fullness of life in this life. And when those times come that I feel overwhelmed and weak, let me not be afraid; for it is during those times that I am aware of You being right beside me, strong and powerful as ever. Whatever or whoever would seek to overcome me will be saddened to see me feasting at the table of the Lord where I will be anointed as Yours, and the fullness of Your love will be with me. May the good and merciful of this life be with me every day. Let me seek to live in Your love today and all days, even to the end of the age. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.