Friday, October 20, 2006

Praying the Psalm

Good day dear friends.

Today is our day of prayer. For our prayer, let us pray Psalm 121: 1 I lift up my eyes to the hills— from where will my help come? 2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. 4 He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. 6 The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 8 The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore.

Let's pray it this way: Dear God, as I begin this day I can sense things that I don't want to face or even think about. I see these as an enemy camped around me on the hillside. It is during these thoughts that I know where to answer my own question: Where will my help come from? From You! You who made heaven and earth! You are so vigilant you will not let my feet be tripped up, and You will neither slumber nor sleep. You, dear God, are my keeper. You are like the shade I need during the hottest point of the day or the coolest part of the night. You, dear God, keep me from evil and even protect my life. Stay with me Lord as I go out and come in, now and always. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.