Friday, October 27, 2006

IN MY DADDY'S HOUSE

Good day dear friends.

Here is our prayer guide for today: Friday: This is our day of prayer. Let us join our hearts and minds and spirits in prayer for all Christian worship to be centered on Christ. Let us realize and know that worship is not about us, but about God and God’s amazing love as shown through Jesus Christ. Pick up the phone book and find in the yellow pages the church section and pray for churches by name! You’ll never know the wonderful blessings that will come to those for whom you pray!

I also offer this prayer based on Psalm 23 based on an incident yesterday in our office. A young man, though weathered by years of hard drinking, was at the end of his rope. His name will appear in our prayer list this Sunday and I ask we pray that he find the road to his Dad's house where he feels he is always welcome. He left for Tampa, Florida, in hopes his father would receive him and house him for a week or so while he investigates possible detox programs. So, when you see David Wells, you'll know a bit of his story and his need. Pray that God would indeed bless him with a new life as he and I prayed. Ask that God would help him leave behind the destructive life that he had lived for so long and that a new life in Christ, as we also pray he receive, might be real for him now and forever.

AT MY DADDY'S HOUSE I'M ALWAYS WELCOME.

Heaven Father, I thank You for always receiving me with open arms. In Your house you give me rest and all that I need so that I can be restored. I find newness and refreshing in you. I thank you because part of that refreshing comes in knowing you guide me. In Your house I know that I am never alone and no matter what I may face in this life I am never alone, You are with me! And not only are You with me, You possess all that I need to overcome what I face. Great feasting will be mine in Your house even in the face of those who have come against me. I thank you for not only embracing me but dressing me with Your goodness and love to go with me all the days of my life. And when this life is over, I will dwell in Your house forever. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.