Monday, November 10, 2008

THE 23RD PSALM


Good day dear friend, my prayer for you this morning is for God to share the fullness of life with you as you go about your daily chores and tasks. I ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.

Our sermon yesterday was entitled, "It's a Matter of Spiritual Security," and we talked about national security, personal security and spiritual security. We used Jesus' I Am claim of being "The Good Shepherd" from John 10. That leads us to today and our study of a well-known beloved Psalm, the 23rd Psalm. I will paste it here in the version most of us learned growing up, The King James Version (KJV): The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Read it out loud now. It doesn't matter who's listening, right where you are, right now, read it out loud as an affirmation of your faith. Didn't that feel good? Now read it quietly as a prayer, adjusting it to fit your needs. You could pray, "Loving God, you are my shepherd and because of that I need nothing. You provide all I need if I just make time to listen and follow. You supply nourishment for my body and rest for my soul, and if I listen even harder, You guide me in the path that leads to life and life in abundance. Yes, there are days I walk where I don't want or should walk, but You are with me, so how can I be afraid? You are mighty and You protect me. Even in the presence of those people or things that might want to claim my very life, be it an illness or a real political enemy, they will not triumph, because You are with me. Where You lead I will follow and there will I find goodness and mercy. May Your house be my house, whether I am at home, traveling, or in church. And I want that forever. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde