Thursday, November 13, 2008

HEARING THE SHEPHERD'S VOICE


Lord of power and life, grant Your blessings on this dear reader for this day and all days. In Jesus' Name, amen.

The love of our Heavenly Father Jesus compared to that of a true, loving Shepherd. We find that in Matthew 18:12 and 13 which reads as follows:

12 What do you think? If a shepherd has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray? 13 And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine that never went astray.

We can never wander away from the Shepherd without Him looking for us. We may try to hide or run away, but we won't be successful. God never gives up on us and always desires to be in relationship with us. In speaking with someone recently who felt they had let God down, they were verbally beating themselves up for what they perceived to be something they had done. "God must hate me and must think I am a loser, He's probably saying, 'You're no good and I give up on you!"" I replied, God would never say that, what God may say is, "You can do better and you will, if you trust me and allow me to be in your life."

If you know the Shepherd you will know His voice. And His voice will always be one of love, hope, and encouragement.

PRAYER: Loving Shepherd, let me hear Your voice today. I know so many voices throughout the course of my day; family, co-workers, friends, co-students, myself. Let me hear what You have to tell me even in the midst of what others may think is best for me, You dear God need to speak words of love, hope and encouragement to me. I ask this in Jesus' precious Name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde