Thursday, February 24, 2011

KNOWING WHERE YOU ARE

God of all seasons, bless and make the season this dear reader is going through, the best of their life; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Our text is taken from Psalm 131: 1 God, I'm not trying to rule the roost, I don't want to be king of the mountain. I haven't meddled where I have no business or fantasized grandiose plans. 2 I've kept my feet on the ground, I've cultivated a quiet heart. Like a baby content in its mother's arms, my soul is a baby content. 3 Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always! (The Message)

It is a good thing to know where you are. In all things. Your location. Your direction. Your health. Your emotional state. Your financial state. The most important is your spiritual state. The Psalmist today writes about just where he is and where he believes Israel needs to be. In his personal relationship with God he is good. He knows God to be God and himself not to be. He's also content to know where he is in his personal life. He's not had to go and get into someone else's business or tried to make some huge plan about where he would like to be. He's keep his feet on the ground with a quiet, content heart. His illustration about a content baby ("weaned" baby in the NRSV) speaks to the heart of those parents and grandparents around babies. Believe me, there's nothing like a content baby! And for Israel, theirs is to wait with hope for God.

What about you? Are you in a content place, or has uneasiness mixed in with unhappiness to put you in a confused state? In God we have the answers. In God's word we can find solutions. Today's lesson was a great example; know who and Whose you are and that goes a long way to quiet you down. Don't let the loftiness of your goals carry you off the ground; in other words keep doing what needs to be done. And above all, let your life be one of hope and not fear. Ours is a faith that never gives up hope.

PRAYER: Loving God, speak to my life with Your love and hope. Let me know exactly where it is that I should be. Let my life radiate hope to all so that hope, not fear, rule our world. In Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde