Wednesday, March 28, 2012

This is For God's Good!

God of power and might, let this dear reader be still and know that You fight for them; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Our text for today comes from Isaiah 50: 4 The Master, God, has given me a well-taught tongue, So I know how to encourage tired people. He wakes me up in the morning, Wakes me up, opens my ears to listen as one ready to take orders. 5 The Master, God, opened my ears, and I didn't go back to sleep, didn't pull the covers back over my head. 6 I followed orders, stood there and took it while they beat me, held steady while they pulled out my beard, Didn't dodge their insults, faced them as they spit in my face. 7 And the Master, God, stays right there and helps me, so I'm not disgraced. Therefore I set my face like flint, confident that I'll never regret this. 8 My champion is right here. Let's take our stand together! Who dares bring suit against me? Let him try! 9 Look! the Master, God, is right here. Who would dare call me guilty? Look! My accusers are a clothes bin of threadbare socks and shirts, fodder for moths! (The Message)

The ending of the Lenten Journey is one filled with pain, shame, and stress for our Lord. This passage is one which sets the stage for that prophetic word that foretold the coming agony of the Messiah. As the Lamb of God, He was to suffer much, yet He endured and overcame because of His faith in the Power of God the Father. Isaiah's hand writes the words years before of One who is obedient who withstood pain and suffering because of that faith that said, "This is for God's good." How often have we been placed somewhere or endured something and thought of everything else but "This is for God's good"?

What are you facing in your life today? What decisions are looming large over your head as you anxiously await an outcome or verdict? Can you not find in the words that sustained Jesus that which can help you say, "This is for God's good"?

PRAYER: Loving God, in the suffering of Jesus we find our comfort. All that He endured for me can help me even today. Help me to discover that which helps me say, "This is for God's good." I pray this in Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde