Thursday, January 28, 2016

No Better Hiding Place

Image from simplesong.typepad.com

In thee, O LORD, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame! In thy righteousness deliver me and rescue me; incline thy ear to me, and save me! Be thou to me a rock of refuge, a strong fortress, to save me, for thou art my rock and my fortress. Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of the unjust and cruel man. For thou, O Lord, art my hope, my trust, O LORD, from my youth. Upon thee I have leaned from my birth; thou art he who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of thee. (Psalm 71:1-6)

Growing up I lived in a house that stood on blocks. That made for a perfect and cool place to hide when I just wanted to be by myself and not easily found by anyone. The psalmist had found that his best hiding place was time with the Lord. Since birth, he never doubted the reality of God, nor the strength of the Lord to hide and protect him, so we get a psalm such as this. The Lord still is our hiding place, a fortress and a place of refuge; the One who protects us from wickedness and the wicked. It is God who gives us hope and helps us to live a life of trust.

There's no one better on which to lean, than on the Lord God.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, bless this dear reader in whatever may be challenging his or her life. Let them find in You a hiding place, a fortress and a place of refuge. Guide them to a place of protection from wickedness and the wicked; grant to them a life filled with hope and trust in You. In Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord.

Eradio Valverde