Thursday, October 27, 2016

Living to the Fullest!  Excited to be with Jesus!

You are right and you do right, God; your decisions are right on target. You rightly instruct us in how to live ever faithful to you. My rivals nearly did me in, they persistently ignored your commandments. Your promise has been tested through and through, and I, your servant, love it dearly. I'm too young to be important, but I don't forget what you tell me. Your righteousness is eternally right, your revelation is the only truth. Even though troubles came down on me hard, your commands always gave me delight.  The way you tell me to live is always right; help me understand it so I can live to the fullest. (Psalm 119:137*144 The Message)

I awoke remembering a conversation I had with a dear friend over a thousand miles away.  I say conversation, but it was a text message after another.  But I know this friend so well that his voice spoke to me through every word that I read; our friendship made it seem he was sitting in the same room with me.  Then it dawned on me the Bible as God's Word is the same way; If we know the Lord, He speaks to us with His voice and He is in the same room with us.  David had that relationship with God and it comes through loud and clear in his writings known as the Psalms.  We too, should have that kind of relationship with God that God speaks to us as we read His word and hear what He has to say to us.  

In this passage, David is responding back to God about what God has shared through the Word.  He knows that God is right and does right by us; God's decisions for our lives are always on target and if we know Him we can hear Him speak to us as He instructs us on how to live, and we should be faithful to Him.  After all, though God's Word we can and have come to life in the fullest and we should be living that way.  The photo above came to mind as I remembered that weekend with all of our grandchildren; life to them is one constant run from one place to another, with laughing and shouting and joy all around; they know what living to the fullest is all about, and so do we!  Turn that frown upside down, smile, laugh, and let God put the pep back in our walk (since we don't seem to want to run anymore!); live life to the fullest!

PRAYER:  Loving God, thank You for the One who came with the words that He had come to give us life and that to the fullest.  May abundant life be ours so much that others will want to have what we have.  In Christ Jesus we pray, amen.

Live life to the fullest in Christ Jesus our Lord!  Make it a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde