Tuesday, October 25, 2016

When You Know Someone is Praying for You?

Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy,To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.We must always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters, as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing. Therefore we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith during all your persecutions and the afflictions that you are enduring. To this end we always pray for you, asking that our God will make you worthy of his call and will fulfil by his power every good resolve and work of faith, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thessalonians 1:1-4, 11-12)

We are never alone.  Especially if we have asked someone to pray for us and that person does.  There have been many a time when you and I have stood in some sort of challenge or trial and we have come through it blessed and even refreshed, when others thought we were actually dying or close to it.  Such is the power of prayer.  The Apostle Paul knew it and he lived it.  He was a person of great faith and prayer, and many, especially those whom he brought to the Lord, prayed for him.  Here he, Silvanus, and Timothy, are in prayer for the church of the Thessalonians asking grace and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ be with them.  They offered prayers of gratitude for their faith and work, and asking that God would make all of those church members worthy of God's call and through them fulfill every good intention and ministries of faith, "so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified" in them, according to God's grace.  Wow!  What a prayer session that must have been.

In my life I know I have people praying for me all the time.  As a child I knew my parents prayed for me, as did my grandmother.  I never took an exam in high school or college without knowing they were praying for me at the exact hour of that examination.  When I married Nellie, she became my chief prayer warrior, and to this day I know she is praying for me.  And there is nothing greater than knowing that someone is praying for you!  

Who are you praying for?

PRAYER:  Lord, I lift Your Name on high, and I ask that You bless the person reading this prayer.  You know them by name and by need.  I pray that You be glorified in all s/he is facing.  Bless them richly, especially as they begin to pray for someone else.  I want the name of Jesus glorified in this dear person, *|FNAME|*, so that Your grace may be known and shared.  It is in that precious name that I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde

P.S.  The lovely baby girl up in the photo is Eliana Beth Garcia, who today turns four years young!  She was the best birthday present a grandfather could get!  (She and I have the same birthday!).  I thank the Lord for Eliana and I ask rich and wonderful blessings on her life.  Thank you for indulging me!  ;)