Thursday, May 04, 2017

Beloved Psalm of Faith, Comfort & Promise

Image from thepsalter.com

David wrote the psalm because he knew the Shepherd.  Do you?

Beloved Psalm 23:  The LORD is my shepherd ; I shall not want .  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: heleadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths ofrighteousness for his name's sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me  Thou preparest a tablebefore me in the presence of mine enemies : thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever .

My grandchildren love the Christian version of "Barbara Ann" which, when done by the Apologetix is called, "Baa, We're Lambs."  And it's a cute song that tells the story of a lamb in God's hands.  I love the song, too, especially the Refrain where they sing, "Tried many moves -- Tried getting loose, Tried petting zoos, but I knew they wouldn't do, 'Cause I'm a lamb in God's hands. You got to follow where He's going; God'll take you in the Promised Land, Baa Baa Baa, We're lambs."

You and I can live secure knowing that if we make God our Shepherd, God will comfort, protect us, and lead us to where He would have us go.

Try it!  Beats living in a petting zoo!

PRAYER:  Beloved Shepherd, thank You for the psalm and the psalmist who wrote it for our good.  Let me truly be a lamb in Your hands.  In Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde