Tuesday, September 18, 2007

THE COMING OF THE LORD


Good day dear friends.
Reeves Perry was released from St. David's Hospital in Austin last evening after spending time there since Saturday. While mowing his grass he passed out, was found by a jogger and taken by ambulance to SD fearing a stroke. Doctors have not determined what caused this. Please keep Reeves and Marilyn in your prayers.
Here is our study guide for today:
Tuesday: Isaiah 64, 65, 66The latter portion of our reading speaks of a new day, when the Lord will rule over all. Compare Isaiah 65:17-19 and Revelation 21:1-4.
One of my favorite Bible verses as a child is found in today's reading. It was the images the verses spoke of "Wolf and lamb will graze the same meadow, lion and ox eat straw from the same trough," (Isa 65:25) that caught my attention. Though I was young I knew enough to know that wolves and lambs don't normally "graze" together. I knew what a wolf loves to graze on is a lamb, and the same for a lion and ox eating straw. The lion would naturally and normally love to rip the ox like straw and then eat it completely. So, for us to read this passage speaks of the action of God coming in an unexplainable way. And when you think about it, isn't that what the movements of God are, unexplainable, wonderful acts that we just receive and enjoy.
The passage from Revelation 21:1-4 speak exactly of what Isaiah saw: "1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "See, the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them; 4 he will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away." Isaiah saw "17 For I am about to create new heavens and a new earth; the former things shall not be remembered or come to mind. 18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I am creating; for I am about to create Jerusalem as a joy, and its people as a delight. 19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and delight in my people; no more shall the sound of weeping be heard in it, or the cry of distress."
God is doing and will do marvelous things. Are you prepared? If you are, you are seeing the marvelous things right now. If you aren't, you don't know what I'm talking about, and you're missing so much. Our attitude should be one that says, come, Lord Jesus and move in me now; let me see life in its fullness; let me be ready for the coming of Your Father's Kingdom, when all things will be made new.
PRAYER: Come, Lord Jesus, and move in me now. Let me see life in its fullness. I pray that I might be ready for the coming of Your Father's Kingdom, when all things will be amde new. Amen!
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.