Friday, May 22, 2009

YOKED WITH CHRIST TO LIVE BOLDLY


God of all goodness, rain down blessings on the needs of this dear reader. In Christ Jesus' precious name, amen.

The point of this week has been to yoke with Christ to live our lives boldly. The verse for this comes from verse 31 of Acts 4: "When they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God with boldness. " Once we are filled with God's Holy Spirit, which comes by asking, we are yoked with Christ. A blessing for God and others is that we can live our lives, share a witness, give to Him, serve others, with boldness. One of the first things that I asked God to remove from my life was my shyness. To be a pastor and one who preaches, requires a degree of boldness. Every Sunday God grants that to me as I step from my chair to the pulpit.

The Church would not have survived as long as it has had it not been for the boldness of others. My parents boldly lived and shared their faith. My Sunday school teachers boldly accepted and stepped into the classroom to teach the Word of God. My pastors accepted the responsibility to preach and that required boldness. To say to Satan, "I am not staying in bed or going here or there instead of church!" requires boldness. All of us need boldness to just say a positive word of hope and encouragement to someone else. May that be our goal for this weekend: To love someone enough to say to them, God loves and cares for you.

PRAYER: God of love and hope, share with me that which I need to be a person who serves You boldly. May I speak a word and live my life boldly today. I ask this in Jesus Christ precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde