Friday, June 29, 2007

STRENGTH FOR TODAY, GREAT HOPE FOR TOMORRROW


Good day dear friends.
Here is our study guide for the day:
Friday: 2 Kings 18, 19, 20Hezekiah was one of Judah’s best kings. How do you assess his strengths and his weaknesses?
King Hezekiah was a strong king because of his faith and obedience to God. He did what the northern kings never did and that was to rid the land of the false gods and practices to those gods. He even had the courage to destroy a historic and traditional artifact from Moses, and that was the serpent which had become a place of sacrifice, for which it was never intended. His weakness was understandable. Fear in the face of overwhelming odds, such as an enemy army camped against him. Hezekiah also feared painful death, as many of us would as well. Yet, over all, he was considered a good king.
We can be strong in our daily lives and in the facing of whatever foes may come against us: stress, anxiety, fear, co-workers, problems with family, etc., by loving, trusting and walking with God. Whenever we choose to believe God enough to take Him off the pages of the Bible and into our hearts, we will see the blessings that come with that. Does that mean we will never again see enemies rise up against us? No. We will still be challenged, but as we face each new challenge with a heart filled with God's Holy Spirit, we will be, as Paul said, "more than conquerors."
PRAYER: Loving God, I thank You for never failing me. I pray that today my faith would be blessed by the presence of Your Holy Spirit. May I be faithful in following Him and doing what You would have me do. Give me courage and strength to face what I face, and let me be more than a conqueror. I pray in Jesus' powerful name, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.