Thursday, June 28, 2007

CHOOSING REBELLIOUSNESS

Good day dear friends.
Here is a special prayer request from a dear friend in Mission, TX:
"Please pray for my mom and dad as they are in Houston at M. D. Anderson for another round of tests for the tumors in her liver. Back on April 26th my mom had surgery in Houston to remove the tumors but the Dr. was only able to remove the gall bladder and a piece of lower intestine. The Dr. says that no more major surgery is needed, yet the tumors are still there. These tumors are called carcinoid tumors and are slow growing, so we hope and pray that all will be well. My mom said that they met with Carlos Valverde ( I believe he is your uncle), on Tuesday 26th Both my parents are in good spirits and I consider this answered prayer. My mom is doing very well considering the major surgery, and has been going to church. So to that I say God is good all the time………All the time God is good! Take care brother and Peace be with you! Charlie Alaniz"
Here is our study guide for today:Thursday: 2 Kings 15, 16, 17Second Kings 17 reports the final fall of the Northern Kingdom, and tells us why. The explanation is not military or economical but spiritual. List and reflect on the reasons the writer gives for Israel’s fall.
The list is rather long, very much like our sins. Anytime we think we know more than God and seek to please ourselves instead of Him, we'll find ourselves in situations just like the Northern Kingdom. It's our choice! Why not choose that which gives life?
PRAYER: Loving God, help me to choose life today. I don't have to live and experience rebelliousness; I can learn from the accounts of those in Your Word that have chosen that. May I be the person You've called me to be. I pray in Jesus' name, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.