Friday, June 15, 2007

PRAISING GOD IN ALL WE HAVE!


Good day dear friends.
Here is our study guide for today:1 Kings 4, 5, 6What can we learn from the rather complete report of Solomon's building of the Temple?
I read this thinking, oh no, here comes a list of materials and dimensions and I won't be blessed by reading this. Wrong! What I learned is that Solomon was blessed by God with wisdom, organizational skills, dedication, and determination. Where his father, David, had not been able to build the House for the Lord, he was, and he took that responsibility very seriously. This, after all, was to be the symbolic Home for He who is everywhere. This home was to symbolize the holiest of holies, and a place where people could worship the Name of the Lord.
Do the reading! Read how each thing is a blessing from God. Think about your life and how every thing you possess has come from God's loving hands. Are you making room in all your things for God to be praised?
PRAYER: Loving God, I thank you for the "temples" you've shared with me. May each be a place where I am reminded of Your holiness and Your love. May Your power move among me and mine, so that we can always and everywhere praise You. In Jesus' name, amen!
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.