Thursday, January 03, 2019

With God With Us, All Things Can Be Made New!

Image from calvaryofjackson.com

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘See, the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them; they will be His peoples, and God himself will be with them; He will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away.’ And the one who was seated on the throne said, ‘See, I am making all things new.’ Also He said, ‘Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true.’ Then He said to me, ‘It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life. (Revelation 21:1-6a)

May this find you well, dear Friend!  May your perspective towards all things be shaped by God and God's word to you and your situation.  I pray especially for those who feel trapped or in a corner; Christ offers us release and freedom!

Imagine being imprisoned on an island for your beliefs.  Such was the case with John the disciple.  The only one of the 12 to escape painful death, he was sent to the Island of Patmos (which we hope to visit this coming September on our trip to Greece!  Shameless plug there for this trip!), where on a Sunday, when he would normally be in worship, worship came to him.  The vision of that day become the book from where this passage is gleaned.  Visions of new!  Heaven was new, each was new; the old had passed away, even the sea, frightening for the ancient, no more.  Remember Micah's belief about our iniquities and where God sends them?  Into the sea!  (Micah 7:19).  Even the holy city, Jerusalem was made new and adorned as a bride for her husband.  And the good news?  God saying that God is with us; dwelling with us, and we becoming His people; and with God with us - no more tears, no more death, mourning and crying shall be no more!  These are the first things and they have gone away; the new things will be here and those are not invited.  The voice belongs to Jesus and He said, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.  To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life."

The new days of the New Year cannot taunt us!  We know Who hold these days, and with God with us, all things can be made new, including and especially us!  Whatever impasse or obstacle we think we have blocking our way, know that God can remove those and bring us out and over!  Your spirit can be made new, as can your spirit.  Turn over to God the old things, and await the arrival of the new in your heart and life.

PRAYER:  Loving God, again, for the new, I am thankful.  I ask that You removed the old from my life, the fears, worries, anxieties, the things that I believe are blocking my life from being full and abundant.  Come into my life and dwell among and in me, so that I too, can be made new.  This I pray in Christ Jesus' name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!  Smile for you are made new!

Eradio Valverde

Click below for a one minute thought from Good NEWS Walking!

http://bit.ly/2Vsl7go