Thursday, July 09, 2009

BEFORE THE THRONE OF A HOLY, ETERNAL GOD


Gracious and loving God, bless this person this day beyond their wildest dreams. In Christ Jesus' Name, amen.

I pray that our prayer life this week has changed from a Telling God What To Do stance to a Listening, Loving, Looking stance. We know that God is holy and eternal, and that we can become that through a life of faithful, worshipful prayer, and a life lived in obedience. As we go before the throne of God, keep in mind two of the pictures of heaven that we have. The first comes from the prophet Isaiah, who while mourning the death of a good king, was called by God. This account is found in Isaiah 6. The second comes from John the Beloved, the disciple exiled to the Island of Patmos, who, while lamenting the fact he was not in worship with brothers and sisters as had been his custom, the Lord Jesus took him to heaven to get a glimpse of the holy city and to share with us that which he saw. This account is found in Revelation 4.

Some verses from those two:

Isa 6: 1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lofty; and the hem of his robe filled the temple. 2 Seraphs were in attendance above him; each had six wings: with two they covered their faces, and with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. 3 And one called to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory."

Rev 4: At once I was in the spirit, and there in heaven stood a throne, with one seated on the throne! 3 And the one seated there looks like jasper and carnelian, and around the throne is a rainbow that looks like an emerald. 4 Around the throne are twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones are twenty-four elders, dressed in white robes, with golden crowns on their heads. 5 Coming from the throne are flashes of lightning, and rumblings and peals of thunder, and in front of the throne burn seven flaming torches, which are the seven spirits of God; 6 and in front of the throne there is something like a sea of glass, like crystal.

As we pray, may we too, enter the courts of heaven with the right spirit and attitude, so that our prayer may truly be a worship experience that lifts high the name of God.

PRAYER: Living God, I thank You for all You are. I am awed by Your love and grace towards me. Let me be cleansed of my sins, may I have a true spirit of repentance about who I have been and who I need to be. Let my life today truly be a holy prayer to You. And as I said the other day, I say again, when I say "amen" speak to me, and let me truly hear. I pray in Jesus' precious name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord.

Eradio Valverde