Monday, July 20, 2009

WHAT COULD BE


Ezekiel 40, 41, 42
Why would the details of the Temple be so significant to Ezekiel's
audience?

Those who love the Lord seek to be in relationship with Him all the
time. And to those who love the Lord and are in relationship with
Him receive from God visions of what can be. Usually these concern
His church, for God loves His church and wants the best for those who
make up the church, represented in this first vision in chapter 40 by
the building of the Temple. God presents a vision and with it comes
the question, "why not?" This becomes hard for those who don't know
the Lord to say, "we've never done it that way before, why would we
change now?" Or the most classic form of that, "this is the way
we've always done it before, why change now?" And sadly this is also
the way some folks see their own lives. "I can't be any better, I've
tried!" Wrong! "I don't see where what I've done or the way I've
lived is wrong." Wrong again! "God couldn't possibly want me!"
Wrong still again!

God's vision for us is to keep bettering ourselves and to take "God-
risks" letting God have His way and His say in our lives and in the
lives of our churches. See the vision of God reaching all people.
Receive the vision of God changing you!

PRAYER: Loving God of all possibilities, thank you for the vision
that You will share in my life for myself and for my church. Help me
not be limit Your power but to receive what You have shown as the
things that can be. I ask this in the Name of He who can do all
things, Jesus my Lord, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord in the Lord's House!

e.v.