Thursday, July 30, 2009

CRAZY LOVE: GOD'S MERCIES ARE NEW TODAY (AGAIN!)!


Father in Heaven, on Earth, and in all places, shine brightly Your light on the path of this dear reader today. In Christ Jesus' name, amen.

The theme this week has been a difficult one for many of us to face: We do have a tendency to put ourselves first, and God second, third, last, not-at-all. If we are to be disciples of Christ, God must come first. But what I know we all need to hear are the words from the writer in Lamentations 3, "19 I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. 20 I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. 21 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: 22 Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Ours is a faith of hope because of our God. God loves us so much and desires so much to have a relationship with us that we should never give up living a life that becomes the Gospel. God's neverending compassion is awesome and we know that the God who spoke through Jesus about the number of times we should forgive (70 times 7) is the God who always forgives us. New, like this morning, is God's mercy on you and me. Great is God's faithfulness.

Let us do our part in putting God first and foremost in our hearts, minds, and spirits. Let it be the first and best that we offer to God each day. Let us once and for all quit serving God that which is left over.

PRAYER: Loving God, forgive me my failings and as this day is new, so let Your mercy be new towards me. Let me seek You and serve You, putting You first. I pray this in Christ Jesus' precious name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde