Tuesday, March 09, 2010

GOD IS WITH YOU!


Blessed Lord, take the heart of this dear reader and pour into it Your love so that all during today she or he may know of Your love; in Christ Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Here is our text for today from Isaiah 43:1-3: 1 But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 3 For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

The passage today was given to me by a dear friend and longtime ConCafe reader. She has gone through a lot and when she read the Prayer Request from yesterday this verse was what helped her and her husband through some of those dark times. As we read and re-read the verses from Isaiah we cannot help but be blessed by the message from God to us: God made us, thus the eternal love attachment that God has for us; God has redeemed us, called us by name, God has called us His. No matter the situation or challenge through which we walk, we are never alone, God is with us. Remember God's other name? Emmanuel: God with us. Are the pressures of today overwhelming you as if you were walking through a river? You won't be overwhelmed. Are the stresses of today as hot as those of the flames of a fire? You will not be burned nor will you be consumed. God is our God. God is our savior.

PRAYER: Loving God, You know better even than me what I face today. But hearing Your word and making it mine I know that I will be all right. Help me to share that hope with others so that they too may know, we are Yours. In Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name we pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord.

Eradio Valverde