Monday, March 01, 2010

THE LORD IS MY HELPER


Loving God bless the life of this dear reader and all they may face today; in Christ Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

We'll look at Psalm 121 today: 1 I lift up my eyes to the hills— from where will my help come? 2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. 4 He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. 6 The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 8 The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore.

What do you see when you first step out of your house? Would your day's outlook changed if you looked at an army surrounding your home and preparing to attack you and yours? Some scholars believe that is what this Psalm is all about. In the spring when kings went to war, David found himself at times surrounded by the armies of his enemies. It was an appropriate question to ask "From where will my help come?" You may not be seeing soldiers and you might not even be seeing hills, but you still may "see" in your mind the challenges of today and you may be asking like David, where will my help come from? David knew for he had experienced it time and again: My help comes from the Lord. What credentials or authority or power does the Lord have? He made heaven and earth. How caring and involved is the Lord? He will not let my foot be moved and He's always vigiliant over my needs so much so that He doesn't slumber or sleep. Does the Lord care for me? Yes, so much so, The Lord is my keeper and he's so nearby that He even provides my shade and protection against sunstroke and moonstroke. The Lord will also keep me safe from all evil and He will guard my life. God is so caring, He knows my going out and my coming in; not just today but for all time. Amen.

PRAYER: Lord, the Psalm said it all, let it be my prayer of faith for today. In Christ Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde