Friday, September 28, 2012

PRAYER INVOLVES ALL PEOPLE

1 Timothy 2: 8 Since prayer is at the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray - not shaking angry fists at enemies but raising holy hands to God. 9 And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God, not primping before a mirror or chasing the latest fashions 10 but doing something beautiful for God and becoming beautiful doing it.

I sinned last night. I have to say that I was not alone. Nellie was involved. We ordered a dessert. A triple chocolate mess. On a very hot tin plate, a chocolate cookie was placed. On top of that hot cookie, a scoop of chocolate ice cream. And on top of that ice cream, some chocolate sauce. The foundation of this dessert was a cookie that was solidly attached to the tin plate. Okay, I'm trying hard to justify my having had something I shouldn't to make the point about a good foundation. Prayer is a solid foundation and it is not sinful nor is it fattening. It is what dreams, visions, and ministries are built on. And Paul knew that Timothy's ministry as it started had to start with prayer. Timothy is encouraged to recruit men to pray with a humble, praise-ful attitude towards God and not one that was similar to others who prayed with anger. Paul is encouraging prayer filled with love. And Paul is encouraging all people to be a part of this prayer. Women, sadly, this is a text directly from that era, and the illustration is not flattering, but it was a perception of Paul, definitely a man of his era - we will just stress the importance of women praying alongside men for future ministerial endeavors. All people should pray.

What are your plans? What are the plans of your church? What goals and visions do you have for the future that you believe God has shared with you? Have you entrusted all these to prayer? If not, please do. Paul's success in spreading the Gospel as far as he did was the result of a life lived in prayer. Every step was a step of faith based in prayer, as our daily walk with God should be.

PRAYER: Loving God, may I seek to encourage others to join me in prayer. May our prayers be for the successes of reaching more and more for Your Kingdom. I entrust my walk with You to prayer. And I pray in the name of Jesus my Lord, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde